Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Play Kitchen for our Little Chef

During Po Po's visit before the holidays, she said she wanted to get the boys something for Christmas. During a trip to a toy store, we rounded a corner and came upon the play kitchens. Spencer started gushing, "Po Po, I want THAT!!! I LOVE that!!!" My mom sighed with resignation and said, "OK. But to tell you the truth, I hate to get that for you. Being a cook is such a tough job." Then, she saw something on the shelf next to the play kitchen. Her face brightened as she said, "Spencer, how about this? Po Po would love to get you THIS," as she held up a kid-sized doctor's satchel. Spencer responded with a moan, "No, Po Po, I don't want that. I don't love that. I love the kitchen." Even though I think it killed the Chinese heart in my mom, to her credit, she laughed and said, "OK. Let's get the kitchen."

Here's a photo of the kitchen in the playroom. You can tell that Spencer takes his cooking VERY seriously. He and Tyler spend countless hours making coffee and concocting all sorts of "interesting" dishes for us to try. Thanks, Po Po, for getting such a fun imaginative toy for the boys. :)

No comments:

Wider Two Column Modification courtesy of The Blogger Guide